Fondation Hartung-Bergman



In the sixties, Hans Hartung (1904-1989) and Anna-Eva Bergman (1909-1987) – key figures in the abstract painting of the 20th century – bought a field on the hill of Antibes. They built their villa and their studios on this 2 hectares olive grove, and designed the plans themselves, getting inspiration from the Mediterranean architecture. They settled here in 1973, to live and work until the end of their lives. This artists’ house is now recognized as a remarkable architectural set of buildings and is a listed site of the contemporary local architecture.